Markwood is a privately held real estate development company that aligns market forces to curate investment properties reflecting the intricacies of their end-users and environment. Our aim is to make lasting social, economic, and physical impressions in the communities we serve.
Fundamental to our success is the strength of our relationships with our financial partners, development partners, and civic representatives refined through each project over the course of Markwood’s history. At the core of our approach is a culture of collaboration, which is supported through the division of responsibilities within each of our cross-functional project teams. By emphasizing accountability, we ensure that every aspect of our projects is meticulously executed, from concept to operation.
Markwood’s foundation rests on its financial strength and discipline, maintained through practical investment strategies, sensible underwriting standards, and a robust capital structure. This approach safeguards against downturns and enables us to effectively pursue our objectives across real estate cycles.
Recognizing that the success of our projects is intertwined with the well-being of the communities we serve, we continuously reinvest in our business, properties, and the surrounding areas. By actively engaging with local stakeholders, we ensure our projects align with the community’s long-term goals. In doing so, we promote economic growth, create employment opportunities, and enrich the quality of life for both residents and the broader community.
Our capabilities range from:
- Investment: Acquiring commercial and/or residential property where we feel value can be created through improved management, thoughtful renovations, or strategic repositioning of the asset.
- Development: Coordinating project conceptualization, design, planning, entitlement, financing, construction, and leasing for multifamily properties in Los Angeles to extract value at each stage of the process.
- Management: Overseeing a portfolio of commercial and residential properties in Los Angeles and New York to ensure efficient operation and professional maintenance of each Markwood property upholding our commitment to the highest standards of tenant satisfaction.
- 1980s: NYC Castiron Building
- 1990s: Sunset & Vine Tower
- 2010s: 1514 Madison Ave, Hurlbit
MARKWOOD EXECUTIVE TEAM
Chief Executive Officer